Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Joins?

Looking for some help...I have two tables, on tab 1- Final and tab 2 -Pivot I would like to left join the Pivot table to the High table. My syntax on the 3rd tabe looks like this...

LEFT JOIN (Pivot)

LOAD *

FROM Final;

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I figured it out, thank you for your feedback and help. I was attempting to create a 3rd table that combines Pivot and Final, guess that was not needed

Inner Join (Pivot)

Load *

Rename Table Pivot to Master

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Run in Debug Mode.

Put full Edit Script source..

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

If you have already loaded both tables... use below

LEFT JOIN (Pivot)

LOAD * Resident Final;

Drop Table Final;

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

So your first table is called "Final" and your 2nd table is called "Pivot"?

And your table called "Pivot" should be the leading table?

You also do not want to change the order in which the are loaded?

When loading "Pivot", try this:

Pivot:

right join(Final)

Load *

from source;

This effectively is a "left join Pivot". The result table is called "Final". To change that, do this:

rename table Final to Pivot;

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

If you have already loaded both the tables into datamodel than use as per Manish explained. However it is not required to load both of the tables seperately into datamodel if they are finally joined in datamodel.

You can save the loading time of one table as below:

You can load first Pivot table using your normal load statement and then load Final table using the below syntex.

(Assuming your final table is in excel)

Left Join(Pivot)

Load <Fieldname1>,<Fieldname2>...  from Final.xlsx((ooxml, no labels, table is Sheet1);

Just remember that Qlikview join with same Fieldname so you need to rename the joining fields as per Pivot table.

You can also create a field by concatenating all joining fields or using "autonumberhash" function. You need to create this in both of the tables(Pivot and Final). You may need preceding load to do that. This will improve the performance of load if both of tables are very huge.

Hope this helps,

Anosh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I figured it out, thank you for your feedback and help. I was attempting to create a 3rd table that combines Pivot and Final, guess that was not needed

Inner Join (Pivot)

Load *

Rename Table Pivot to Master