Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with calculated dimension / quarters map

Hi All,

I have set of data containing the following dimensions: CustomerNames, StartYear, StartQuarter, EndYear, EndQuarter which tells me when cases have been opened and closed for these customers.  I want to create a report that for any given time (two input fields/variables as "SelectedYear and SelectedQuarter), it will tell me how many "OPEN" cases there were.  An "OPEN" case is defined as a count of customer for which the StartYear/Quarter is less than the SelectedYear/Quarter but the EndYear/Quarter is greater than Selected Year/Quarter.  My Expression is as follows:

count(if(StartYear&StartQuarter <= SelectedYear & SelectedQuarter and EndYear&EndQuarter >= SelectedYear & SelectedQuarter, CustomerNames)) 

This gives me the correct results. However, it will only give me one bar in the chart which shows the result for my two variable input, i.e. 2015 2.  I want to show the selected variable as well as 4 previous quarters. How do I do this? 

Note I don't have any dates or a master calendar or quarter mapping.  One problem that I've encountered is qlikview doesn't recognize year quarter sequence - for instance if I try and use SelectedYear&SelectedQuarter - 3, and I've chosen 2015 3, it will result in 2015 0 instead of 2014 4.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Carlo

0 Replies