Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with formula

I'm trying to write a formula that will give me the following detail for each of the two columns Svc Group and Svc line.

I only want to pull in the following from Svc Group:

MC

RC

TR

And I only want to pull in the following from Svc Line:

Transaction

FRM

RC Other

Technology Enablement

Can anyone please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this expression:

Count({<[Svc Group] = {'MC', 'RC', 'TR'}, [Svc Line] = {'Transaction', 'FRM', 'RC Other', 'Technology Enablement'}>}[Partner ID])

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this expression:

Count({<[Svc Group] = {'MC', 'RC', 'TR'}, [Svc Line] = {'Transaction', 'FRM', 'RC Other', 'Technology Enablement'}>}[Partner ID])

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

Or this, if this is not and condition, but an or condition (show this or show that)

Count({<[Svc Group] = {'MC', 'RC', 'TR'}>+<[Svc Line] = {'Transaction', 'FRM', 'RC Other', 'Technology Enablement'}>}[Partner ID])

Capture.PNG

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

load *,

from table

Where  svcgroup='mc','rc','tr'   and  Svcline='

'Transaction',

'FRM',

'RC Other',

'Technology Enablement';

Not applicable
Author

If I were to go this route I would do this in the edit script correct?

Would this limit svc group and svc line to only those that I've selected throughout the file.  So any graphs or charts that I use it will only display svcgroup='mc','rc','tr'   and  Svcline='

'Transaction',

'FRM',

'RC Other',

'Technology Enablement';

Not applicable
Author

sunindia I notice that after Count you have {< and at the end of your formula you have >}.  Why do you have these in there?

sunny_talwar

This is a set analysis syntax. For more information on set analysis, it would be good to spend some time on the attached document