Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide Dimension

Hi,

Case:

I have a simple table object with a table1.month dimension and most of the expressions use it correctly, but I need to use another expression in the same object which uses a different dimension (table2.month) without using the main one. Both tables are joined by a different column (table1.UserID = table2.UserID)

Question:

Is there any possibility to replace the main object's dimension for a different one in a single expression of the same simple table object?

Thank you for the help

5 Replies
sbaldwin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi, have your tried concatenating (on userid and month) rather than joining or associating, then you should just be able to do a straghtforward count on the relevant fields.

Thanks

Steve

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't understand the question fully. Although you can use dynamic Expressions and Dimensions. I've created a video on my blog. Here is the link...

If you need more then please can you share sample QV App? It will be easy to look at the example.

http://qlikshare.com/784

Cheers,

DV

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your help, I think dynamic Expressions and dimensions will solve my problem but I let you know that the video you linked in your post wast not able to be watched.

Thanks DV

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion, the problem to changing my tables model is that there are a bunch of requirements that depend of the same model and they would be affected if I make any change.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You're welcome. Looking at your initial question & table names, I could relate that you are Qualifying your tables to avoid default implicit Joins in QlikView. Technically, it's not bad practice because you have these table qualifiers for the same reason. However, I don't really recommend doing this unless its a quick demo application. I'd rather write the transformation layer in QlikView by Explicit Joins & Concetation wherever necessary.

Thanks for updating me on the video. Sorry about that... I shall resolve the video issue on my blog over weekend and update you again. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Good luck!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com