cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide column in Pivot table

Hi All,

I have the below Pivot table where I have generated dates which isn't available in my DB. The row is getting added(in here 10/19/2017) along with a column full of 0's. Is there a way to hide the column with 0's alone?

Cdate/LOBManualAutoReferred
10/21/201710000
10/20/2017103500
10/19/20170000
10/18/201767660
10/17/201707800
10/16/201789080

I did find this macro which says that we can hide the colum . Could you please let me know how exactly this works? or is there any other way?

sub Squeeze
call HideColumn("CH01", 2)
end sub
'
private sub HideColumn(ch, n)
set ch = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(ch)
ch.SetPixWidth (n-1), 0
end sub

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Anupama Jagan

22 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Even, that can allow using before

If(match(LOB, 'manual') and sum(manual exp)>0, 0,1)

Does this make sense for you. Because, I don't what are you trying but the intend way I've got clear

Correct me, if I Am wrong direction

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No im not getting you. Is this for missing dates?

I will provide you a more detail account of what exactly I have done in the script too.

We CDate, LOB  from DB. We don't have data for some dates. So that dates aren't showing the pivot table above.

The requirement was even if there is no data for a certain days we need to show as a row.

So I generated the dates using master calendar concept.

So when I created that pivot table I got the no of rows with dates missing also coming into it. But the pivot table had one extra column also with 0's

Im not able to get where exactly I should add your expression and what exactly it will do

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Wait..

Here, this is weird behaviour. Because if you have null called from LAB this can allow the showing zeros in extra column. So, I would request do one thing which is I dimension called LOB. Can you Terri with suppress enable option for LOB and then see..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful