Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide column

Hi,

Do you know how to hide column and show it, when I select something into Multi Box?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Vovian, It is very much possible. Attached is the sample with the Show / Hide condition for Skill 1, Skill 2 and Skill 3 fields. We can display the columns in the table chart based on the field selection count. Does it meet your requirement?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Vovian, It is very much possible. Attached is the sample with the Show / Hide condition for Skill 1, Skill 2 and Skill 3 fields. We can display the columns in the table chart based on the field selection count. Does it meet your requirement?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi manoj ,

can you please add 1 or 2 sentence to explain ..

i found the conditional expression placed ....i'm using Qv 11  SR1  can we acheive this with QV 10 same way if not any other workaround?

thanks

have a nice day

manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you Sri. It is pretty straight forward.

Vovan's requirement is to show / hide columns in a table based on the field selection by the user in the multibox. Attached sample has 4 fields Name, Skill1, Skill2 and Skill 3. All the three Skill1, Skill2 and Skill 3 are available in the Table, however will only be visible for the user while selecting the corresponding field values in the multibox. For instance, Skill 1 will be visible in the Table only when the user selects the value of Skill 1 in the multibox. This can be implemented with an expression by selecting the corresponding column in the Straight Table Presentation Properties tab. However, this may not work for the Pivot table. Pretty much it is good to start with getselectedcount(FieldName) > 1 and continue playing around till it meet the requirement.

I am using QV 10 SR 4 and should  work in 11 too. Does it help?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks manoj ,

so , good to know that it's also acheviable in QV 10

but one last question i.e i see that calculation condition are implemented in QV 11 i.e i have a same requirement to conditionally show expression ..

.in this case ..writing condition in the conditinal box of expression tab doesn't helped ( in QV 10) ..but i did it in other way .. just curious to know ..whether this be acheived for expressions too (in QV 10)

thanks

have a great day

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank again,

That's exactly what I need.