Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide last row of pivot table when null values

Hello,

I would like to show in a pivot table with two dimensions (SITE and MONTH), an expression for the last 12 months even if there is no data for one month.

The pivot table looks like below:

Pb_pivot_table.jpg

And I don't find a way to hide the last row of the table.

I tried to tick the option "Supress zero values" in the presentation tab or "Supress if the value is null" for the dimension SITE but the result is:

Pb_pivot_table2.jpg

There is no last row anymore but months with no data for any site are not displayed.

The model is simple.

There are:

• a calendar table with all days since the beginning of 2014
  • a product table
  • an incident table

The calculated expression is the number of incidents by month and site.

I enclose the QVW and the QVS for a better understanding.

Thanks for your help !

Alex.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I found the solution !

By following these steps:

• Creation of a table, totally independent of other tables in the model, which contains only a field with all calendar months
  • Modification of the table dimension for using the created month field
  • Addition of a condition in the expression in order to force the data month to be equal to the month of the independent calendar: Count(if(Mois2=Mois,ID_INCI))

I know it is not ideal to use a condition in an expression but in this case, it doesn't seem too bad.

Enclosed the solved case.

Thanks for your help,

Alex.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

By dimensions you could for each hide NULL what should prevent your last row.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Like that??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not like that LOL

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

By doing that, I have not my last row anymore but all 12 months are not displayed.

Only those with data are, like you can see in the 2nd picture I put in my message.

Thanks,

Alex

marcus_sommer

It's not possible in this way - are the data like they are you could suppress NULL and get a chart without them or you shows everything and must live with (some unwanted) NULL display.

The only alternative is to clean and adjust your data - filling NULL and missing data with some dummy data and/or create the missing data: How to populate a sparsely populated field

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I found the solution !

By following these steps:

• Creation of a table, totally independent of other tables in the model, which contains only a field with all calendar months
  • Modification of the table dimension for using the created month field
  • Addition of a condition in the expression in order to force the data month to be equal to the month of the independent calendar: Count(if(Mois2=Mois,ID_INCI))

I know it is not ideal to use a condition in an expression but in this case, it doesn't seem too bad.

Enclosed the solved case.

Thanks for your help,

Alex.