cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dadumas
Creator II
Creator II

Hiding rows in a straight table, when an expression=0

I have an accounts receivable chart that shows customer AR balances (filtered set analysis measure=Special AR Balance) as a % of their  Total AR balance.

[Special AR Balance]  is a label for the variable  $(vSpecialARBalance), which uses set analysis to filter for "high AR" Customers , and works great.

Example:

[Customer Name]    Special AR Balance  AR Balance        % Of Total (Col2/Col3)

==============    ================   ===========      ===================

ABC                                100                                 200                                50%

DEF                                0                                      500                                 0%

GHI                               100                                  300                                33%

While correct, notice that customer DEF has 0  [Special AR Balance].  However, I do not want Customers with a [Special AR balance] of 0 to display in the chart.

I tried this as a calculated dimension for [Customer Name], but I get an error:  If($(vSpecialARBalance)>0,[Customer Name])

but I get a syntax error.  I am guessing that an aggregate measure cannot be used in an if statement.

Any ideas, or a better way to accomplish this?

Dave

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dadumas
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I got this to work, by enclosing every expression in the chart in an if() statement:

Example below:

if($(vSpecialARBalance)>0,$(vSumAR))

I first tried enabling the conditional display checkbox with $(vSpecialARBalance)>0, but that did not work surprisingly.

Dave

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dadumas
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I got this to work, by enclosing every expression in the chart in an if() statement:

Example below:

if($(vSpecialARBalance)>0,$(vSumAR))

I first tried enabling the conditional display checkbox with $(vSpecialARBalance)>0, but that did not work surprisingly.

Dave