Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How To Calculate MAT

Hi

I have a data set in which I want to calculate MAT and I amusing this formula to calculate

Sum({<TYPE={'DATA'},XDate={'>=$(vDate) <$(vDate_1)'}>}[SALES])

Where vDate is a variable which has the value for current year date and vDate_1 has the same date of last year

but it is not showing correct value

BRs

21 Replies
sunny_talwar

Give this a try:

Sum({<TYPE={'DATA'},XDate={"$(='>=' & $(vDate) & '<' & $(vDate_1))"}>}[SALES])

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The XDate conditions should be in double quotes, rather than single quotes, and you need some = signs:

Sum({<TYPE={'DATA'},XDate={">=$(=vDate) <$(=vDate_1)"}>}[SALES])

or

Sum({<TYPE={'DATA'},XDate={">=$(=Date(vDate)) <$(=Date(vDate_1))"}>}[SALES])

The problem comes down to the date formats and the actual dates in the XDate field and the vDate* variable definitions. I suggest that you upload a sample to prevent a lot of incorrect guesses as the problem.

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

In the meantime - does XDate have a time component?

If you removed the time component, did you do it properly ( Date(myTimeStamp) does not remove the time )?

Do the VDate* variables have the same format as XDate?

Are these variables globally evaluated (in other words, they start with = )?

etc

etc

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Colin-Albert

I would also check that the format of the dates in your variables vDate and vDate_1 match the format of the XDate field.

Not applicable
Author

Hi @,

Here is the sample file where I want to calculate MAT and YTD using this data. for these two charts

pratap6699
Creator
Creator

try this it should be ur requirement

Sum({<TYPE={'DATA'},XDate={">=$(=Date#(vDate)) <$(=Date#(vDate_1))"}>}[SALES])

system formated date will display

Not applicable
Author

Hi

can you use the attached sample file and try using the formula....

I did it but it was not working

may be you can solve this by writing the code

many thanks

Colin-Albert

Date# will not help here as Date# controls the input format.

Sujit,

I would test your date formats by putting $(vDate) and $(vDate_1) into separate textboxes and comparing the date formats shown with a listbox displaying the XDate field.

sunny_talwar

Not sure which chart you wanted us to work on, but I thought the bottom one made sense. Is this what you are looking for:

Capture.PNG

Where without any selection, you can see 12 month of data? If yes then you can use this expression:

1) Sum({<TYPE={'DATA'}, vDate = {"$(='>=' & Date(AddYears(Max(vDate), -1), 'MMM-YY') & '<=' & Date(Max(vDate), 'MMM-YY'))"}>}[SUM of Monthly LC])

2) Sum ({<TYPE={'LU'}, vDate = {"$(='>=' & Date(AddYears(Max(vDate), -1), 'MMM-YY') & '<=' & Date(Max(vDate), 'MMM-YY'))"}>}[SUM of Monthly LC])

3) Sum ({<TYPE={'FBP'}, vDate = {"$(='>=' & Date(AddYears(Max(vDate), -1), 'MMM-YY') & '<=' & Date(Max(vDate), 'MMM-YY'))"}>}[SUM of Monthly LC])

Attaching your qvw for reference purposes.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Hi SunIndia,

You can check its not working; Its only showing the sum for a particular month not the moving annual total for that month