Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snehamahaveer
Creator
Creator

How can I create a rolling count when a month is selected?

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to count the number of demos my territory managers do for a 3 month period.

I have created a field - Month_Activity_Num which I want to use to create a rolling count. However I tried the rollingcount() function with/without aggregration, set analysis to create a formula which would display the correct value.

It might be my ignorance that is creating problems with the syntax. Can somebody help with this. There might be a simple solution to this query of mine.

The queries I used are:

= rangecount ( above( Count(PRODUCT_FAMILY),0,3) ) 

= Count ( aggr( RangeCount( above( count( {$<MONTH>}  PRODUCT_FAMILY),0,3) ),Month))

= Count ({$<MONTH_ACTIVITY_NUM1={">=7.*"}>}OKM_SALESPARTDESC)

= count ( aggr( rangesum( above( count( {$<MONTH_ACTIVITY_NUM>}  PRODUCT_FAMILY),0,3) ),MONTH_ACTIVITY_NUM))

= count({<Month={'>=$(=only(Month)-2)<=$(=only(Month))'}>}PRODUCT_FAMILY) 

I must use num(MONTH_ACTIVITY_NUM) to create a numeric value for the month value of the related activity.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this document for some solutions: Calculating rolling n-period totals, averages or other aggregations

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample Excel file with your expected output to help you better??

snehamahaveer
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, Please find attached the file for sample data.

Count(Product_family) gives correct data for the selected months.

I want to be able to create a syntax where it ignores the month dimension and displays data for 3 months.

I use num(Month_activity_number) for calculations using months.

I tried the various syntax using rangecount() and set analysis but the value is not accurate.

If anybody can help with this, it would be very much appreciated.