Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can convert minutes in hour ex: 90 min in 1:30

Hello every body,

I have a field that return minutes information, i need in my report that information show me in format 00:00

Ex: 90 min return 1:30

Is There any function in Qlikview for resolve my need? i use Qlikview version 8.50

Regards,

Ricardo

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You should be able to use Mod (remainder after division) and Div (integer division):

=Div(MINUTES, 60) & ':' & Mod(MINUTES, 60)

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In your expression, divide the fieldvalue by 1440. Then in the Number tab, select Interval as the number format.

Nimish

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for answer NMiller,

I put =Div(Sum(HORAS_MINUTOS), 60) & ':' & Mod(Sum(HORAS_MINUTOS), 60) and in format numeric i put hour

Is perfect, but i have a little problem

In final my table the sum is not correct.

Ex: The result should 40:00 but is 16:00

Do you know what is happens?

Regards,

Ricardo

Not applicable
Author

Check Sum(HORAS_MINUTOS) by itself and see what it comes out as. It sounds like it is 960, but in order to get 40:00, it needs to be 2400. Also, try setting the format to text. The formatting is handled by the expression, so you don't want QlikView to manipulate it.

I just checked it out on a sample application and the functions seem to work fine with a Sum inside.

Not applicable
Author

it's very strange because when i select one day the total at the end of the line is correct, but when i select i week show me 16:00 should be 40:00

I divided by 1440 was fine too but the total is the same.

i will see what is happens, thank you for help

Regards,

Ricardo

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Guys,

The format Interval is resolved my problem.

Ricardo