Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can i access data from data structures with QlikView

Hello,

Full disclosure is I am using QuickBooks Advanced Reporting which is a watered down version of QLikView.  I appreciate if anyone could assist me from this forum.

I would like to understand how I can access data from charts in QLikView (I believe these are referred to as machine data in the "Working with QlikView.pdf).  Each chart in QLikView is an instance of a "chart" data structure which is populated with data from my database sorted by dimensions and analyzed with expressions.  Please consider the following:

My chart is called "CH01" and I have three dimensions "Item Type", "Item", and "Txn Type".  "Txn Type" contains expressions "Date", Transaction No.", "Quantity", "Avg. Sales Price" therefore the data structure will visually appear as follows:

CH01

- Item Type (dimension)

- Item (dimension)

- Txn type (dimension)

- Date (expression)

-Transaction No. (expression)

- Quantity (expression)

- Avg. Sales Price (expression)

Please tell me how I can access the data outside of the CH01 data structure.  In other programming languages I would access the data in a manner similar to:

CH01.[Txn type].[Avg. Sales Price]  <--- using brackets since names with spaces to be enclosed in brackets...

Average sales price is an expression I created (weighted average price based upon actual sales prices and quantity).

The issue I have is it appears each data structure is only able to see native database table

Please let me know how I can access data within a table that I have created so I can display or further filter it?

Please help!

Respectfully,

JW

0 Replies