Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can i add brand in script

Hi,

I have 12 brands, dimension name in BrandName.I want to add 'total' name in my brands that is 13th brand as total.

How can i add this brand in edit script.Can anyone have idea about this....

regards,

baru

6 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi, I don't know if I understood correctly but if you want to add one more row with the description "Total" then you can concatenate your tables like:

Brand:

LOAD BrandName FROM... ;

Concatenate

LOAD * INLINE [

BrandName

Total

];

If what you want to sum up the brand then this is done in your fact table and not in your dimension table.

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Yes you can add another 13 value from any inline table

Brand:

LOAD

[

BrandName

] from source;

Concatenate

LOAD * INLINE

[

BrandName

Total

];

but related to this values in another table shows null so you have to work on them

Regards,

Anand

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Why you want a 'Total' in the brands list? Maybe there are different ways of achieving what you are trying to accomblish! I mean more efficient way .

Regards

MultiView

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thanks for your reply,

Actually i want to show in my report 12 brands and total column that is in my pivot table.i am having only one expression in my table.

When i drag brand dimension in vertical position,the 12 brands having one expresion and for total i am having one expresion.

I thought that i will give expression for the brandname and in the same expression i will give another expression based on the if condition.

so i need to add one text as total in brandnames.

regards,

baru

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Follow these steps.

1 - On your pivot table --> Properties --> Presentation --> Click on the Brands dimension --> Label for Totals --> Input "Total".

2 - On the same Presentation window select 'Brands dimension' and there is a subsection called Subtotals, you can select Subtotals on top or bottom as per your requirement.

I hope this helps!

MultiView

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

here i want to give the expression for the total thats not related to sum(columns) totals.

regards,

baru