Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can i scheduling or program the reload in QV 8.5?

Hi,

i try call in a determinate hour to the qvd generator (1 custom file) into the script of my main file (the plublish), this main file must be reload all days about the 5 am and its reload from the QVD so they must be generate before.

If this cant be possible in 1 script i can call the both file in diferents hours, the QVD generator before and the plublished file after.

How can i do this?

Thanks,

Chema.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do you have the QlikView publisher?? Here you can enter the frequency of reloading of the scripts ...

Also you can select the order of reloading ...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You could create a script which reloads the QVD each day at 5am ...

The other script you could scedule to be reloaded each hour ...

This is not possible to do these actions in 1 script ... the script itself is the one who is scheduled not the parts of the script.

Not applicable
Author

Hi again!!

Umm can i use the windows scheduling for that?

How?

ej. C:\program files\qlikview\QV.exe /r c:\root of my file ???

Thanks for your time

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do you have the QlikView publisher?? Here you can enter the frequency of reloading of the scripts ...

Also you can select the order of reloading ...

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

If you do not have publisher, you can create a simple .bat file that holds the reload string. The syntax would be :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView 8.5\qv.exe" /R /V<Inputparam=input value> "<QV file name>"

You should replace the <....> with your settings. Inputparameters should be preceeded with /V

The QV file should be put between double quotes (becasue likely it contains spaces.

Syntax of the QV.exe command in the beginning depends whether you are running 32-bit/64-bit. Just look up the path and copy and paste it.

You can have several reloads running sequentially in the same .bat file. The .bat file itself can be added in the windows job scheduler for automatic reload.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

thanks for the answers, i havent the publisher so i must to develop the second option, write a .bat and schedule it with windows. That choice works fine too.

Ummm there may be an option to schedule in QV 9 without the publisher? I think i saw somethink like browsing for it.

thanks to all you have been very helpful

Not applicable
Author

Just a quick word of warning if using scheduled batch files to reload your QVWs. The command line option for QV.exe is very GUI heavy especially when it comes to errors and prompts.

If, for example, you have a Windows Scheduled Task running a batch file that runs a reload on a server but the underlying data source has changed or is incorrect in some way then the QV.exe will error by raising a dialog prompt. However, because you executed from a scheduled task no on will ever see the dialog prompt or be able to interact with it (unless your scheduled task is run in interactive mode). In this case there's a high possibility of your QV.exe appearing to have hung or stalled. You'd have to terminate the process.