Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Functionality updates

My question of the day is: How do you present updates in functionality or other changes to your users in an application in production?

It might be just small updates or something similar, but still needed to give some attention to the users. Also, and update should preferable only be presented once.

What is your solution?

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

As I am in QV application support team, I would inform the Users about the new updates/changes by the business requirements and so the done changes in the report,Also I will give the Steps involved to analyze the data with the new changes in the PROD application.

Regards,

Santhosh

Not applicable
Author

I would inform the Users about the new updates/changes by providing its business requirements and so the done changes in the report,Also I will give the Steps involved to analyze the data for the new changes in the PROD application.

Regards,

Santhosh

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

If I feel it necessary, I send an email to the users about the updates. More typically, I only email the person who requested the update to let them know it is complete.

Not applicable
Author

I would put a simple table (Excel data source perhaps) that highlights updates/changes with a date stamp. Have that displayed in the Help Tab of an application. This way users can browse changes using QlikView. You could categorize your changes (e.g. Visualization, Attribute Change, etc...). This will give users the ability to easily parse through potential release changes.

/emb

Not applicable
Author

Perhaps it would be possible to load a textfile or similar when the user opens the application and present it in a text object or similar?