Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MK9885
Master II
Master II

How do I adjust Zoom Level in Google cluster Maps

Hello,

I'd like to adjust the zoom level in cluster map to only State Level. (Ex: If I select NY it should show me NY as State but not a street view to all the way down).

I've tried using default script which we have

// Google Maps in QlikView

// V0.85.2 - October 1st 2008  © Copyright QlikTech International AB 2008 / AES

// Google Maps Key

// get a key here http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html

gmap_key = 'AIzaSyDElvTeN0_WZUjk348OkKQQyuwd4tGqi2c';

max_zoom_level = 17; //maximum value 17

But of no use. Can anyone help me with adjusting the Zoom Level. This is a Google Cluster chart not a scatter plot.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK9885
Master II
Master II
Author

I've found a way to disable zoom while a marker is clicked on google map. Previously if we click on a state it was taking me to street level which I didn't wanted. So I'd to edit the script.js to disable that. Unfortunately we do not have that option in the extension it self.

With the suggestion of from Stackoverflow I've done that. Following is the code which you've to delete in order to disable the zoom in for state level.

google.maps.event.addListener(marker, 'click', (function(lat, lng) {

return function() {
  _this
.Data.SearchColumn(0, lat, false);
  _this
.Data.SearchColumn(1, lng, true)

}
})(val, val2
));

Note: the above code is 2 times in same script.js and in order to disable you've to remove that twice. Please before doing this properly go through the script and do it at your own risk and always save the original script.js in another folder.

You've to open the script.js in same extension folder and delete this code@, save it and then open your .qvw. I hope this might be helpful to those seeking answer for same question.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Shahbaz,

I havent tried. But some discussions here..How to set the zoom size of the cluster marker ... | Qlik Community

Siva

MK9885
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Siva,

I've tried that as well and almost everything from this community and it doesn't work.

If I select a city the map zooms in to the lowest level I.E Street Level (Which I do not want). Thank for your reply though.

MK9885
Master II
Master II
Author

I've found a way to disable zoom while a marker is clicked on google map. Previously if we click on a state it was taking me to street level which I didn't wanted. So I'd to edit the script.js to disable that. Unfortunately we do not have that option in the extension it self.

With the suggestion of from Stackoverflow I've done that. Following is the code which you've to delete in order to disable the zoom in for state level.

google.maps.event.addListener(marker, 'click', (function(lat, lng) {

return function() {
  _this
.Data.SearchColumn(0, lat, false);
  _this
.Data.SearchColumn(1, lng, true)

}
})(val, val2
));

Note: the above code is 2 times in same script.js and in order to disable you've to remove that twice. Please before doing this properly go through the script and do it at your own risk and always save the original script.js in another folder.

You've to open the script.js in same extension folder and delete this code@, save it and then open your .qvw. I hope this might be helpful to those seeking answer for same question.

Thanks.