Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I calculate totals of a certain value in a chart

Hello All,

I'm new to qlikview and recently noticed an error in a dashboard i'm creating. I've separated dimensions for a bar chart by "status type" being 'on time' and 'overdue'. My issue with my current graph is when i look at totals, I see the 'on time' status is calculating total number of statuses including 'overdue', but the 'overdue' status is calculating just fine.

Like I said, I'm new to Qlik, so I'm not sure how to explain it any further, please see the picture for reference. If you have follow up questions please ask.

Thanks so much in advance.

qlik.png(

(the 7 should be a 6 and the 15 should be a 9)

7 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

It sounds like something not quite right in the expression or the data... you might have to share your application (or a cut down version of it) for us to help you identify the issue

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately I can't share for security purposes, but I can tell you what I have for my expressions.

I have a custom count(status total) with the background color definition as: if(status = 'on time', rgb(0,255,0), if(status = 'overdue', rgb(255, 0, 0)))

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Upload a sample by scrambling data like

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I can see only one category in your field CAT_CTG as very high? Your graph shows only one bar ?

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Expression should be

COUNT([status type])

And Dimension

[status type]

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Not applicable
Author

Doing this doesn't change the chart at all

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Please confirm the Exact dimensions used and the complete chart expression you have

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.