Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I freeze particular fields for text boxes but stays dynamic for other sheet objects

what I want is that I want to display totals of revenue at the top in text boxes

Total values shud change as I change the month but it shud not change as I change other fields column

I have a column

Segment and its values are

S02,S03,S04,S05,S06,S07,S08 and Total

I want to display the Totals value in a text box which shud not change as I move from S02 to S08

But it shud change when I change different month.

Please Help.

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you have a field Segment that contains the values S02,S03,S04,S05,S06,S07,S08 and Total, then you can put this in a textbox to calculate the sum of field revenue of segment Total for the selected month while ignoring selections in other fields:

sum({1<Segment={'Total'},Month={$(=only(Month))}>} revenue)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help

Its working but needs little more tweeking,

This is the query I made from yours, It is working If I delete the month part and then it adds up for all the months, but not working with the month part in it. It is  showing the value zero for it. I am trying but wud appreciate if u help me little more.

Can we do it without using the sum function because what I need is the individual values of distinct months.

=sum({1<[YTM Seg]={'Total'},[YTM Month]={$(=only(YTM Month))}>} Rev.)

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav Tyagi

Not applicable
Author

=sum({1<[YTM Seg]={'Total'},[YTM Month]={'$(=only(YTM Month))'}>} Rev.)

this is the expression working for me

had to put '$(=only(YTM Month))' in single  qoutes to work

Thanks