Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I hide a column in a table box while using omit rows?

I'm trying to hide a column in my table box. I have to use this column so I can omit null rows that do not have this value, it's the only way I've found it to work. The problem is, the column is not pretty and people most definitely don't want to see it there. How do I hide it or how should I go about doing it differently?

PS, if you're going to tell me to use a straight table instead, please walk me through how to create one in detail. Also, if you're going to tell me to use an expression instead, please go into detail.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can use Straight table then hide column you want in presentation tab

Not applicable
Author

How do I get it to show the data?

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Nick,

Are you able to share a qvw at all? This can help with building the expression and give a clearer idea of what you're trying to do.

I would use a straight table, so add all your columns that you want to show in the dimensions

Then for the expression column use If(len(yourfield) >0,1,0)

Make sure that 'supress zero values' is switched on the presentation tab, and finally hide that expression column on the presentation tab using 'Hide Column'

You might NEED one expression column visible, I don't recall off the top of my head, in which case you might want to create a true expression from one of your fields you have as a dimension

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

This does work, please see attached.

Used the following setup to test:

Set NullInterpret = '';

LOAD * INLINE [

field1,field2,field3,value

,a,b,1

a,b,c,1

b,c,d,0

e,f,g,1

,c,d,1

];

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Add your all fields in your dimension tab, use 1 in expression tab, then go to presentation tab hide your column you want.

Not applicable
Author

Actually table box don't have the hide option, so we use straight table to hide the direct fields in some scenarios.