Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I write this IF Statement for Days Late?

Hello there,

I am trying to write an IF statement for number of days a Job is late.

This is my sample data below:

Capture.JPG

This is the rule I am trying to write:

The Days Late should be calculated in numbers.

If Resolved_Date is greater than Requested_Date calculate the difference.

If Requested Date is blank, calculate Days_Late using Date Due

If both are blank insert 'Unresolved'.

Can anyone share an example of this? Sorry I am new to writing if statement with dates

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try this

If(isnull(Requested_Date)=0,Resolved_Date-Requested_Date,If(isnull(Due_Date)=0,Resolved_Date-Due_Date,'UnResolved'))

This  expression will provide a negative number if the Resolved date is before the requested date.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Aushik,

Thank you for your reply

Does the =0 mean when it finds a null it place a 0 on true for null?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

you can use

if(len(trim(field)) > 0, ..., ....)

to check if field is null, empty

date1 - date2

to calc the difference between date

if(date1 > date2, ..., ....)

to compare dates

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

No, here isnull(dimension) returns true  or false. So if the column is null it returns -1 and if value is not null it returns 0.

you may also use simply

if(isnull(field), dim1, dim2)...this will be the reverse of checking 'isnull(field)=0'

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Aushik,

I forgot to add one more criteria, if both Date_Requested and Due_Date are blank then it should calculate the difference between Resolve_Date and Created_Date.

Any idea how I can add this in?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You may do that by including another if condition nested inside the above example.

However the most optimal way would be to define a new field in the reload script as below

If(isnull(Requested_Date),If(isnull(Due_Date),Created_Date,Due_Date),Requested_Date) as Target_Date

Then in the UI you can simply use Resolved_Date-Target_Date

Not applicable
Author

Hi Aushik,

Does the Target Date search for values in the sequential order you have in the If Statement?

Not applicable
Author

Yes...first it checks the Requested_Date. If Requested_Date is null it checks the 'Due_Date' If both of these dates are null, it uses  the created date.