cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do i color the selected Row

Hi

In  a table how do I color the entire (except 2 columns) row on which the user clicks .. ?

Thanks!

15 Replies
sunny_talwar

If the table doesn't filter out based on the user selection (because it is restricted by set analysis), you can use non-set analysis version to tell it to color the rows.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I mean the row which is selected, say for example a user clicks on a cell ( any dimension cells , I have 3 dimensions)  in the table I want to highlight the row

sunny_talwar

Something like this or no?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Attached my application , I have 2 background expressions for last 2 columns other than those columns all the cells should be colored for the selected Row. in the table , is user clicks on group or api or date that row should be highlighted. !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is this doable ?

sunny_talwar

I am still trying to see if it is doable or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

oh ok , thanks for looking into this ..

My whole intension is to show the API value selected in the line charts below the table , when a user selects a API from the table , the title in the below charts shows it , I initially had a background expression for dimensions - Date,Group and API , as like below ,

if(getfieldselection(Function)=Function,yellow()) .. but this expression highlights the row only when API is selected , when Date or Group is selected I get a bunch of rows highlighted with selected date and Group which I don't want. It is ok if all the rows are highlighted for the selected API.

Say for example User selects a Date - 2/29/2016 , instead of coloring all 2/29/2016 , color all the rows for the API value in the selected Row

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is there a alternative to get this done?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. In the load, generate a unique id in the ServiceTimeSeries table using RecNo().

RecNo() as RecId

2. Add the RecId field as a Dimension in the chart, but hide it on the Presentation pane.

3. When an expression column is clicked, all Dimensional values on that row get selected, including the hidden RecId, So now you only need to test for the RecId in your background color expression.

4. Selecting an Dimension cell will only select that Dimension field. So you will need to modify each dimension as a calculated dimension that uses aggr() to "scope" the RecId column into the selection -- as shown here:

Scoping Selections with Aggr() | Qlikview Cookbook

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com