Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How get the sum of an expression in a pivot table

Hi,

I am working on the following pivot table where I have multiple number of dimensions and expressions..

Then I select to show Partial Sums for my desired dimension, The table shows sums for all existing expressions (See image)

How can I set this up to show only the totals the expressions I want?

capture.jpg

Thanks,

23 Replies
antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

You can use Dimensionality() (see Guide).

Row TOTAL is Dimensionality 0.

If(Dimensionality() > 0,sum(........))

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gerardo,

The above screenshot is my pivot table. The columns with gray background are my dimensitons:

FVP, General Agency, POS, Insured Name, and Policy#.

Remaining columns are defined as Expressions in my table.

This table should give to totals for the columns, "Target Premium and Total Face Amount" by FVP. (There is dummy data in it currently and It only shows one FVP)

Currently, my table shows partials sums from the FVP dimension for all expressions.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Antonio,

Actually Dimensionality() also gives the totals for all expression columns. Could you show me an example of where Dimensionality() works with only the selected expressions.. I shouldn't be getting the totals on non-numeric expressions on my table.

Regards,

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

For each expression (column) you must use Dimensionality().

If(Dimensionality() > 0,sum(A),' ')

The expression sum(A) works in Row() wity Dimensionality() > 0 as row TOTAL.

Regards

ger_alegria
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Sorry Emre, I had understood bad your question.

Try this:

Go to presentation in object properties and you will see the check box "partial sum". For each expression you wan to show partial sum you must to check.

ger_alegria
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

If you do not want show the partial sum, you must to leave the check box empty. This have to solve your question.

Not applicable
Author

Since this is a pivot table, partial sums check-boxes are only enabled for dimensions, not for the expressions. When "show partial sum" check-box is selected for a dimension, the table eventually shows all the totals for each expression. I am trying to show the totals for two expressions for the "checked" dimension.

Thanks,

ger_alegria
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

if you can not change the status of the check box of partial sum is because your object is in indent mode. For change this, go to style and leave empty the check box of indent mode.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Antonio,

When I define my existing expression, [Placement Progress], with the statement below,

=If(Dimensionality() > 0,sum([Placement Progress]),' ')

I am getting "0" values for each row.

capture2.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Yup, I already unchecked the indent mode under "style" tab.. still the same..