Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parul_mehta
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How many Access points required and why are they required

Hi all,

Below is part of one of my project requirement. Can someone explain, why we need multiple access points

Creation of 3 different environment access points - DEV,QA,PROD for IE and Ajax (currently unknown which gateway to use)

Can you please clarify why three access points are required?

7 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Did you consider asking your customer?

This is not really a QlikView question but more a standard in software development.

So let me turn the question around (and with that sort of answer it):

Would you prefer to develop and test on the production environment instead?

May you live in interesting times!
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Because you appear to have three separate QlikView environments. You cannot have one door providing access to three different houses.

parul_mehta
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Does the same Access point can be used in other environments?

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Parul,

This will be reduce License cost  and Consecutive users will work without any disturbance.

They are maintaining 3 servers

You can find difference like each & every GUI objects in Dev & QA access points are show "TEST" as a background shade/shadow for all the objects(i means bar chart,Text object easily you can find this but this "Test" is not appear in Prd access point)

they created for Developers access

• 1st Access Point (For checking weather all are working fine are not in Browser also

i mean some extensions are not work properly in Web browser why because some ad-dons required in Browser)

• Second Access Point :-  for Testing purpose
  • 3rd Access Point: For End users(Business Users)

if you got solution and close the issue with "Correct answer"

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What do you mean with different environments? The access point is just a web server (either QVWS or IIS), and at least IIS allows you to display multiple different web sites/applications together with the QlikView Access Point.

Or do you want to use a single AP to display documents from multiple QVS servers? Only in load-balanced environments, I guess. Why would you want to do that?

ramasaisaksoft

Do you have idea on their License types?How many licenses they buy?

I mean if they buy 3 licenses they will get concession so Normally organisations will buy 3 server licenses so that 3 access points will come

use of this is, the developers,QA team and Prd(End Users) all are separate and will work at a time without any disturbance.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

You can use same Access Point for Dev and QA. As both will be internal while use different Access Point for Prod.

Of course you'd need different folder structure for all the 3.

Ex: Source Folder (where you actual application resides and is addedd to QMC task)

User Folder (where QMC run tasks are saved including meta file etc which contains no data but just application)