Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How show all values in chart

Hello, I need view all values in a Chart, but i can't 😞 I have a table with all days from 1/1/2009 to 12/31/2009 and the chart show me only to May, then I have to enlarge this to see more values

11 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm guessing that you have too many data points, and they can't all fit on the chart... A few possible solutions:

1. Either determine a fixed number of data points to show on the screen, and allow "Horizontal Scroll-bar" (those settings are on the "Presentation" tab)

2. Or, if your dates are proper Date fields, you can declare your axis as "continuous" QlikView will then scale the chart appropriately, but only one date in a month, or in a quarter (depending on the available space) will be shown. I'm assuming that you are referring to a line chart... This setting in on the Axis tab.

cheers,

Not applicable
Author

Thaks Oleg I have already tried this options, I'm looking for other option maybe don't show all points in the chart, but see the first point and the last one and some values between. If I choose "continuos" then the chart shows me falses values and that does not help Tongue Tied

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

If you don't want to scroll, and it's OK to not see every day's data, you could average the daily value by week or by month. So use Week or Month as your dimension, and as an example, avg(aggr(sum(Sales),Date)) as your expression. The reason to not just use sum(Sales)/7 for weeks is that you might just select a month, for instance, and then your first and last week would likely have an incorrectly low average due to not having enough days of data.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oleg,

For my problem the idea to use continuous is great. I have an additional question. Do you know how I can force the line to show the zero values, also when there is no order data available? See the screenshot below at 14 november.

prieper
Master II
Master II

Think that you have to builta consecutive calendar with all day, join with the data and insert the expression to show "0", if the value is NULL.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Oke. I gonna try that.

Not applicable
Author

I have solved this by using a join:

//add the missing calendar values
RIGHT JOIN (Orders)
LOAD %DateKey
RESIDENT Calendar;

Not applicable
Author

The join trick still only works if you don't select a dimension value. See example. By left joining all weeks with the fact table QlikView still doesn't know the dimension keys so this doesn't really solve anything. Another solution could be to do something when building the fact table. make a 0 revenue record for all dimension keys.

One could argue if a Fact table design should be influenced by the presentation layer...

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Oleg,

When I use "Continuous" option in axes, I am getting the date in numbers(in the chart) though the Date field which is in Dimension is in proper date format. Could you please help on this?