Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Avoid repeated values in Straight Table, or merging the values based on one column

I have straight tables which have 10 more columns, Column CLAIMS & EXPENSES have value for each Part Number.

But i need to show only one value not to repeat on next row. Due to this while export and check the sum in Excel Sum values doubles.

If there is any way to avoid this? Is there any merge option for this type of problem.

Untitled.png

27 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

LOL! What if there are two legit values repeating in two rows?? For e.g. it can happen that two records have the same CLAIMS value!

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I do believe that a Dimensiontable have one or many attribute Connected to Partnumber.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I meant to reply to Mathias - this formatting option would make legit values white.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

you are right about that, bad idea anyway.

m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Tbh I missed the "export to excel"-thing and thought it was purely visual. It is not a big deal though, just move the expression from text color to the actual expression:

if (above(Sum(xxx))=Sum(xxx), Null(), Sum(xxx))

table.png

Cheers,

Mathias

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

So here you want to use null in secon row? Different Partnumber but same claim. This is not a fix and trix in layout, he must found the root cause to what ends up in  duplicated rows.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Correct Staffan, if same claim number for different PN# will affect this formula...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The expression should match the criteria if Part Number is same this formula would work, if not keep as it is.