Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Display Value during Reload

Hi,

I want to display value in a Text object during Reload. But for some reason unless I select an input parameter, the expression does not display the value.

1. The table is Room and Status. Output is a Text object Room Status.

DisplayValue.jpg

2. In the Text object Room Status, the expression is:

DisplayValueExpression.jpg

3. When you do Reload, I expected the above expression to display "OK" status for Room 1. The "Test Object Room Status" displays blank.

The only way the above Text Object expression displays the "OK" status is, if I select "Room 1" value in the "Select Rooms", as shown below:

DisplayValueSelectText.jpg

4. I want to display three Text Object that displays status for three rooms during reload, without clicking each room.

DisplayValueAll.jpg

5. I also tried "Actions" tab, but it does not work during Reload.

DisplayValueActions.jpg

Can someone please suggest and advise how to display all three Room status during Reload? I have done this for other Qlik programs and they work fine. I am not able to figure out why it work in one program, and not the other.

Thanks,

Raghu

11 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can actually show all three or any number of statuses in one text box too like this:

=Concat( Rooms & ': ' & Status , Chr(10) )

This will give you a full list of all the statuses

Not applicable
Author

Hi Biren,

I like this suggestion of using Chart. We are using the Text Object to change the color of the object based on the status. If status is OK, then do nothing, but if it is Error, then change the color to Red.

Thanks,