Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Download Fedex Tracking information

Has anyone tried downloading FEDEX tracking information in Qlikview.

I am looking to pass the Tracking number through the URL and download data in a table.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I was able to get some data by following this method. But the response for some reason I am getting is not complete.

1. I installed the Qlik Web connector and got a temporary license from qlik to use General web connector.

2. Selected the connector and used Raw response

3. Method: POST , URL https://ws.fedex.com:443/web-services

4. Signed up at FedEx Developer site and got the Account Number, Meter Number, Key, Unique ID.

5. in the POST/PATCH/PUT parameters added XML data in the following format with the information from Point 4

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:v14="http://fedex.com/ws/track/v14">
<soapenv:Header/>
<soapenv:Body>
  <v14:TrackRequest>
   <v14:WebAuthenticationDetail>
    <v14:ParentCredential>
     <v14:Key>****USER KEY****</v14:Key>
     <v14:Password>****PASSWORD***</v14:Password>
    </v14:ParentCredential>

<v14:UserCredential>
     <v14:Key>*****USER KEY*******</v14:Key>
     <v14:Password>******PASSWORD******</v14:Password>
    </v14:UserCredential>

</v14:WebAuthenticationDetail>

<v14:ClientDetail>

<v14:AccountNumber>***ACCOUNT NUMBER****</v14:AccountNumber>

<v14:MeterNumber>****METER NUMBER****</v14:MeterNumber>

</v14:ClientDetail>

<v14:TransactionDetail>
    <v14:CustomerTransactionId>>Track By Number_v14</v14:CustomerTransactionId>
    <v14:Localization>
     <v14:LanguageCode>EN</v14:LanguageCode>
     <v14:LocaleCode>US</v14:LocaleCode>
    </v14:Localization>
   </v14:TransactionDetail>
   <v14:Version>
    <v14:ServiceId>trck</v14:ServiceId>
    <v14:Major>14</v14:Major>
    <v14:Intermediate>0</v14:Intermediate>
    <v14:Minor>0</v14:Minor>
   </v14:Version>

<v14:SelectionDetails>
    <v14:CarrierCode>FDXE</v14:CarrierCode>
    <v14:PackageIdentifier>
     <v14:Type>TRACKING_NUMBER_OR_DOORTAG</v14:Type>
     <v14:Value>******TRACKING NUMBER*******</v14:Value>
     </v14:PackageIdentifier>

<v14:ShipmentAccountNumber/>
    <v14:SecureSpodAccount/>
    <v14:Destination>
     <v14:GeographicCoordinates>rates evertitque aequora</v14:GeographicCoordinates>
    </v14:Destination>
   </v14:SelectionDetails>

</v14:TrackRequest>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

6. Click on Save Inputs and Run the Table, This will generate a XML Response.

Currently I am getting the response but doesn't give me complete tracking information from FedEx. I am still trying to figure out.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you state and example?

Not applicable
Author

I have bunch of FedEx Tracking numbers for my sales orders. I want to download the tracking information if the order is delivered or intransit from FedEx website.

Is there an API, where I can use the URL and pass the FedEx Tracking number and get the information of the delivery.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I do not know of any? Sorry.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe you can use the REST connector. That is if FedEx makes these records available through a std Web Service in xml, csv or json format?

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Thanks Peter. I have never worked on REST connectors. Any links or guidelines on how to? Would be interested to read and gain some knowledge on this. Appreciate your time.

Not applicable
Author

I downloaded REST connector ad tried giving FedEx tracking Url, but I am not getting the Tracking information.

on FedEx website it says it supposes WSDL and SOAP , may be it doesn't support REST.

If anyone can get fedex information from Rest connector please let me know how.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Don't be mistaken. Exchanging data through a web service is not your typical black box operation whereby you specify a number and simply get a stream of data back from a connector. Because the handshakes and protocols for each service are always different, there is almost always some/a lot programming involved... Unless you try to unload from a standard service like Twitters or Facebook messages or Google AdSense or whatever service used to be available from QVSource and is now being integrated into the Qlik Web Connectors package. Unfortunately, I didn't see FedEx listed as a connector in that package, so you may still have to create your own.

You do have a point: if you want to use SOAP and WSDL, then the REST Connector won't do. Sorry.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I read SOAP protocol can be used with Qlik General Web Connector. and  FedEx allows to use SOAP to extract data. I am not sure what to enter while creating the connecting string with General Web Connector.

Below is the information I have after signing up at FedEx Developer account

Test URL: https://wsbeta.fedex.com:443/web-services

Test password ,

Shipping Account Number

Meter Number

TrackReply/Notifications = Overall Transaction Status 

TrackReply/CompletedTrackDetails/Notifications = Individual Track Request Status 

TrackReply/CompletedTrackDetails/TrackDetails/Notification = Specific Tracking Number Status

Below is the Connector from Qlik General Web Connector, Not sure what to enter in each of these boxes to connect the services. Any help will be appreciated.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

After each of those columns you have that small "i" icon, does that show any information about what to enter? Did you try that way?