Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to access to a graph in a macro

Hello!

I need to add an expresion to a graph. I´ve been revised the classes and methods and I´ve found that tha classes GraphBasics and Graph have a method AddExpresion. The problem is that I can´t acces the graph. I can access with SheetObjects("CH01"), but the type returned is SheetObject, and iI need one of the previows ones. Is there a way of changing the types of a variable or to access directy to a graph???

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm afraid you're wrong. Getting a reference with getsheetobject and then adding a dimension or expression works just fine for me. As does changing the charttype.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Here's an example from the API Guide qvw:

set chart = ActiveDocument.Sheets("Main").CreateBarChart

chart.AddDimension "ProductType"

chart.AddExpression "sum(Amount)"

set p = chart.GetProperties

p.GraphLayout.FastChange.Bar = true

p.GraphLayout.FastChange.Line = true

p.GraphLayout.FastChange.Combo = true

p.GraphLayout.FastChange.Pie = true

p.GraphLayout.FastChange.Scatter = false

p.GraphLayout.FastChange.Straight = false

p.GraphLayout.FastChange.Pivot = false

p.ChartProperties.FastChangeInChart = true

chart.SetProperties p

chart.SetChartType  4       'line

You can change the first line into something lik set chart = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH01") to get a reference to an existing chart

Not applicable
Author

Hi

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH01") returns a SheetObject that hasn´t got the methods AddDimension, AddExpression or SetChartType. Those methods are from Graph, that is returned by CreateBarChart...

Finally I´ve used GetGraphs and getObjectId

Thx

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm afraid you're wrong. Getting a reference with getsheetobject and then adding a dimension or expression works just fine for me. As does changing the charttype.

Not applicable
Author

Hello

Don´t be afraid

I´ve just tried it again and it works fine. I don´t know what can I do wrong before.

Thanks a lot.