Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to achieve 2 dimensional bar stacked bar chart in QlikView?

Hi,

Is there any way to have two dimensions to achieve a stacked bar graph. In Tableau, this functionality is super easy and its just a matter of drag and drop. But I would like to know if is there any way to achieve this. I heard multi dimensions isn't possible in QlikView.

Abhijit

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Create your first Chart after you are done formatting it create copies for each of the other PMT groups

Hide Axis from All Chart except first one / last one whichever you prefer and show legend in only one chart to avoid repetition

Now place all charts inside a container Grid view , 1 Row, n Columns for each chart

Sorry Didn't realize i attached the wrong app earlier, attaching correct app now

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Multiple Expressiion and One dimension is possible

What exactly are you trying to create?

Vineeth Pujari
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vineeth,

I am trying to do with 2 dimensions and 4 expressions. I have created the similar one in Tableau as follow:

BarChart_Tableau.PNG

I want to create the same bar graph in QlikView. You can see there are two dimensions (PMT Level1 and PMT Level2). Its like a 2 minute work in Tableau. I don't know if there is any way to to it in QlikView. I am not looking for Drill down or Cyclic chart as well as I need  to show all the dimensions in one go. Else it would have been much simpler to do with those charts.

Abhijit

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

can you share a dummy data / sample app?

Vineeth Pujari
Not applicable
Author

Hi Abhijit,

Its not possible in qlik same as Tableau, I tried with 2 dimension and 4 expressions it is giving like below

Capture.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Umamaheswara,

Thank you for your reply. In your case its working fine. I am presuming, it works sometime if you have elements in primary dimension.

With the same data I came up with two graphs each with Tableau and QlikView.

Graph in Tableau:

Tableau_Bar_Graph.PNG

Graph in QlikView:

QlikView_Bar_Graph.PNG

You can clearly distinguish between these two graphs. QlikView is not behaving properly for more elements in Primary dimension. The graph is completely misaligned. I am not sure if there is any possibility to do it in QlikView by writting complex expression for this.

Abhijit

Not applicable
Author

Sure.

Hereby I am sharing with you a sample data.

Abhijit

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

well qlikview doesn't like to handle multiple dimension  and multiple measures.

You'll need to create each chart separately and place them in a grid to achieve a similar layout!

grid.PNG

Vineeth Pujari
Not applicable
Author

Hi Veenith,

I feel this will solve my requirement. I couldn't able to open the file you sent me. so couldn't able to see how you have created that. Also, will it be having filter capability to hide higher dimension values if we are not selecting it from filter selection?

Abhijit

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Create your first Chart after you are done formatting it create copies for each of the other PMT groups

Hide Axis from All Chart except first one / last one whichever you prefer and show legend in only one chart to avoid repetition

Now place all charts inside a container Grid view , 1 Row, n Columns for each chart

Sorry Didn't realize i attached the wrong app earlier, attaching correct app now

Vineeth Pujari