Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to automate the final table box selection?

Hi Everyone,

I want to fully automate the process starting from execution of the script to generation of the report. I am successful in implementing the first part through a scheduler. The problem lies in the fact that how am I going to automate the selection process of the columns in the table box format? Presently I manually select the fields and add them on the right hand side under 'Fields Displayed in Tablebox' and click 'Apply' to generate the report. I don't want this process to be manually done.

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks and Regards,

Arghya

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash,

What is 'place holder fields' that you have asked to create in the script? How to add them in the script? Could you please explain me in a bit detail with some screenshot or examples.

Besides what is a 'straight table' and what is a the process you have asked to follow in the third alternative statement?

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,

Arghya

Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash,

The problem is that there is a huge amount of data and it changes almost in every two days. I generate the report in every two weeks. So when the I keep the table box in my QVW and reload the script, instead of getting the data refreshed, the execution gets hanged due to refresh of such huge data.

Thanks and Regards,

Arghya

avinashelite

Is both the fields are coming from same table ? then data size should not be an issue

avinashelite

If your end intention is to get those 2 columns into excel then use a direct store statement in the script so that you no need to come to front end  for the data extraction

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you use the Store command and just export it as CSV?
Would that meet your need?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Wallow and Avinash,

The store command helped me to export one table to csv. But in the script I have multiple tables under which I have two or three columns. Some of the columns are required for the report generation and others are not required. So in that case how will it be possible to use the store command.

eg say

Table1:

Load a,b

from xyz.csv;

Table2:

Load c,d

from pqr.csv;

Now I want a and c as my final cols in the output. How am I gonna use the store command.

Thanks and Regards,

Arghya

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You would need to create another table in the script that combines the fields into the same table using a join command.  Then run your Store command.  You could then delete the extra table in the script.

================================

As an option to your original scenario of using a table in the UI...

Addressing your earlier comment,

"...The problem is that there is a huge amount of data and it changes almost in every two days. I generate the report in every two weeks. So when the I keep the table box in my QVW and reload the script, instead of getting the data refreshed, the execution gets hanged due to refresh of such huge data. "

You could try entering a calculation condition on the table object so it doesn't calculate until post reload.  Maybe something like    today()=makedate(year(ReloadTime()),month(reloadtime()),day(ReloadTime()))

If you need to automate exporting the table from the UI to excel you will need to use either a macro (see link below) or add-on like Nprinting.

Export To excel