Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to calculate cumulative count in chart

Hello,

I have been dogged by this problem of counting cumulative of a distinct_row_key for quite some time and I hope someone smarter than me can help me out.

Here is my issue. I have a number of dimensions, namely Year and Month. I have a chart that shows count per months and also displays a total cumulative count for the selected time period. The thing is that my formula to calculate cumulative count is not showing the right result - it seems to not count the distinct_row_key that have not been selected by the selection criteria. The odd thing is that when I put the same formula in a simple text box the summary is correct. Additionally, when I choose all Year and Month selections until the current point - I also get the right answer. This is why I believe that my current formula is simply not counting distinct_row_key that have not been selected.

The formula I am using is as follows: SUM(AGGR(Count({1 <[market_data]={'Market'},[sdk_syncs]={">0"},date_week_key={"<=201218"}>} distinct_row_key),distinct_row_key)).

In addition I am using full accumulation.

Thanks!

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try adding the set modifier to the sum too:

SUM({1 <[market_data]={'Market'},[sdk_syncs]={">0"},date_week_key={"<=201218"}>}

AGGR(Count({1 <[market_data]={'Market'},[sdk_syncs]={">0"},date_week_key={"<=201218"}>} distinct_row_key),distinct_row_key))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I have had problems replying until now.

Your suggestion almost worked. The problem is now my chart is showing dates that have not been selected as below:

cumulative.png

Any ideas how to get the results I need with the changes to the formula you suggested - but to hide the non-selected portion of the graph?

Thanks!