Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to calculate the previous year data

Hi All,

I have the following table:

load * Inline
[
Year,Month,Amount,Region
2010,1,3000,Brazil
2011,1,5000,Brazil

]

Now I want to get the previous year data based on the current year, I use pivot table to achieve;

The Dimension is Region, and I put two Measures into the pivot: sum(if(Year='2011',Amount)) , sum(if(Year='2010',Amount)).

And I also put Year as a parameter, when I select 2011, the 2010's data is zero, so how to calculate the previous year data?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The expression i gave you will give you previous years data.

Means if you select the 2011, it will give value for 2010.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki   

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try this.

sum({<Year = {"$(=Max(Year)-1"}>}Amount)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Now I have another question, based on my understanding, the selection should filter the data, for example: if I choose 2011 on Year, the dataset just includes 2011's data not 2010. So the expression sum(if(Year='2010',Amount))  always shows zero, but why sum({<Year = {"$(=Max(Year)-1"}>}Amount) does not show zero?

Thanks.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The expression i gave you will give you previous years data.

Means if you select the 2011, it will give value for 2010.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki   

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but I was wondering why  sum(if(Year='2010',Amount))  shows zero?

Not applicable
Author

The formula: sum({<Year = {"$(=Max(Year)-1"}>}Amount) uses a set expression. In the QV manual there is a part about set analysis en set expressions, I advise you to read that part.