Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macro-example that sets current Year and Month in your report

OK, so I'd done a simple macro that sets current Year and Month as a document is opened. I was looking for a solution here in the community and couldnt find it so I thought I might share my solution with you.

You could offcourse use this macro to set other variables...like current date for instance.

Best regards / Joakim

Sub initDate

'*************************************************************************************

'Macro name: initDate

'This macro sets current Year and Month - Trigger on event "When document opens"

'Event Trigger is set manually in Document-properties / Triggers

'1. Choose trigger "When document opens"

'2. Add activity

'3. Under activity, choose ”Add” + ”Extern” + ”run macro” + enter ”initDate”

'**************************************************************************************

'Set current Year - Change "datum_Year" to your corresponding Year-field

ActiveDocument.GetField("datum_Year").Select ActiveDocument.Evaluate("year(today())")

'Set current Month - Change "datum_Month" to your corresponding Month-field

ActiveDocument.GetField("datum_Month").Select ActiveDocument.Evaluate("num(month(today()),00)")

End Sub

0 Replies