Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to call a batch file with parameters from qlikview

Hi All,

I need to call a batch file from qlikview script and also send 5 parameters to batch file. So can anyone send me the script .

I tried below script but didnt work .

Execute cmd.exe /C E:\Qvd to be pushed to Mysql\Textfile.bat 3313 DatamapLoad Deletemetemp;

where 3313 ,DatamapLoad and Deletemetemp are arguements to be passed to batch file .

13 Replies
Andrea_Ghirardello

Try this...

In your qv macro:

Set obj = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Arg0 = "first_parameter"

Arg1 = "second_parameter"

obj.Run "C:\test\Test.bat" & Arg0 & " " & Arg1

In your batch use %1 for Arg0 and %2 for Arg2

marcus_sommer

Perhaps you tries these indirectly - you could stored the parameter in a text-file and the batch-file read this file before it executed the main-tasks.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Andrea for help and patience .

After inumerable trial and errors below script worked

Sub TestingV

Dim obj

Set obj = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

obj.Run "E:\Qlikview\Test\textfile.bat "&"locationmaster" &" CramerB" &" 3326", , TRUE

End Sub

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I am also stuck in similar requirement.

I have chart with link , when users click link , batch file needs to be triggered & pass values from Qlikview. This batch file is basically gonna open another app with the parameters passed from QV.

Format is

'\\server\xyz.bat' -ab <Values from QV>  -cd <Values from QV> -de<values from QV>

** -ab , -cd , -de are the parameters name for bat file.

Currently i am trying to use link repsenation of chart & using <url> '\\server\xyz.bat'  It works fine without parameter. But as soon as i add parameter , it doesnt execute.

I am not familiar with macro coding. So if you can send me step by step instructions or way to do without macro it will really help!!

Appreciate your response !!

Thanks