Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to change Dimension in Pivot table on the basis of selection in Multi Box.

Hi Everyone ,

I have Pivot table which uses 4 expressions in it and 4 dimesions .

And one multibox which shows mw all dimensions in it according to selections in Multi box data should be displayed in Pivot table with selected Dimensions only.

Dimensions used are Monthly,Quarterly,Termly,Yearly.......

Expressions used with sum function only.

Thanks in advance,,,,,,

Regards

Gokul

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Gokul,

If the number of dimensions is fixed to 4, then use four variables having

=GetFieldSelection(FieldName1)

They take the values from the multiboxes selected by user, and use them as calculated dimensions in the script.

Hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

Dear Gokul,

please clearly explain you problem...... are you not able to create Pivot table with the dimensions and expressions or some thing else. ????

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashwin....

I had 4 Dimensions to use in Pivot table .

As: 1) Yearly 2) Termly 3)Quarterly 4)Monthly ....

If user wants to see data as Year 2010 ->Term 2010 Ist Term then pivot table should show only Yearly and Termly dimension .

If User wants Quarter selection only i.e. 2010 Q3 and 2010Q4 then it should show me only the Quarterly as dimension .

Same with all dimensions .......

Hope Now you'll be able to get it....

Regards

Gokul

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Sorry for late reply because I'm facing some technical problem while replying to your answer.

I had tried solution suggested by you but it wont give me display of field which I had selected in Multibox (randomely ),if I select any quarter from multibox then it wont give me that quarter display.To get correct display I have to go in Downward direction in continous manner selections such as Yearly->Termly->Quarterly->Monthly.Please suggest me solution which can give me only selected Field as dimension .

Regards

Gokul

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Gokul,

What about creating a drill down group? Go to Settings menu, Document Properties, Groups, New, Drill-Down Group, and add all the fields from your master calendar you want to use, in the order you want them to be displayed: Year, Term, Quarter...

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel ,

We can use group but problem is user wants to select multiple dimensions at one time .By use of drill through we can give only one TIme format at one time .........

So we are not able to implement the same .....

Regards

Gokul