cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhuqliklondon
Creator II
Creator II

How to change a QVD??

I am trying to add more fields to existing qvd,how can I do that ?

My dash board has few tables , one of the tables using a qvd which refresh every 30 mins, I want to add few fields to table which means I have to update qvd where it brings data from.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not quite sure what your exact issue is.

There should be a QVW that writes that QVD, the 'creator'. If you can't locate this QVW, the creator should also be stated in the XML part of the QVD (e.g. by opening the QVD in a text editor).

Find the script part that creates and stores the table written to the QVD. Add the fields you want.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You want to add new columns or data?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not quite sure what your exact issue is.

There should be a QVW that writes that QVD, the 'creator'. If you can't locate this QVW, the creator should also be stated in the XML part of the QVD (e.g. by opening the QVD in a text editor).

Find the script part that creates and stores the table written to the QVD. Add the fields you want.

vikasmahajan

you need to find source from where qvd is generating and add few more columns which you want to add there it self.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
madhuqliklondon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

new columns

Anonymous
Not applicable

Follow as Vikas and Stefan Suggested

Find out where it is generating from and add new columns over there

madhuqliklondon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Stefan, .there is a orders dashboard which I think it self a qvw right ??, I have opened script editor in it , in one of the tabs there is load statement  like field names from qvd. How to find out the 'creator' ??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Generally there will be one QVW which  generates QVD's. Check where is that QVW and add new fields in it

madhuqliklondon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi, I have found the , opend qvd in note pad, it says creator file ...and location . I have located the file ,opened it , in script editor now, Bit confused there ..

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your confusion?