cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to change the background color in pivot table if total value is 0

Hi,

I have pivot table it contains data for Jan to Dec month. Finally it shows the total values. Here I need to change the background color if total value contains 0 that entire row will appear into blue color.

For Example:

nprintimg.png

Here I have total column if it contains value 0 the entire row background color should be in blue. Colud you please help me on this issue.

Regards,

Yuvaraj

7 Replies
niclaz79
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi, is the value null() or 0?

Regardless, you should be able to in the background color expression set the following:

if(Alt(Sum(TOTAL <Name>YourValue),0) = 0. Blue())

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In expression click on + symbol, in that Background Color  write the condition like

IF(Sum(Total) = 0 , Blue())

Thanks,

Venkata Sreekanth

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have created that Total column in show partial sums for Month dimension in pivot table under presentation tab. In which place if i place the expression it will work perfect?

niclaz79
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi, it would be easier then to reference the column in the expression itself, that way you can change the calculation in Total if needed and the if-statement will be referencing the updated expression.:

if([total]=0, Blue())

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, in expression itself we can able to achieve that but if place this expression in background the blue color appears into all 0 values but for us if total value 0 then that entire row must be converted into blue.

niclaz79
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You have to have the same background expression for all your calculations + your dimension.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes.here what i actually did in pivot table, i have month as dimension after creating pivot table i dragged the month dimension to new dimensions now it consider as every month as dimension.

for example:

before dragging

Month

Jan

Feb

Mar

After dragging into new dimensions,

Month Jan Feb Mar like this thats why i can't able to fix this.