Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to connect to a MySQL Database with a SSH Tunnel through Qlikview Distribution Service

Hi!

I have a file which is sheduled with the Qlikview Distribution Service.

The file should get data from a MySQL Database which can only be accessed through a SSH Tunnel.

When I run the file with the qlikview installed on the server with an plink.exe SSH Tunnel with my user, then everything is working and I got the data.

When I run the file with the Distribution Service, then i got an error that no connection is possible.

Setup:

Windows Server 2012 R2

Qlikview Server 11.20 newest SR

Qlikview Server runs with its own user. Lets call it here server_user

plink.exe is started from server_user user and the tunnel is established.

So what must I do to get date when the job is run by the Qlikview Distribution Service

Thank you for helping.

2 Replies
elow5070
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Sorry for my English.

I had the same problem as you.

The solution that worked for me is that i launched the command line for the SSH tunnel on the server with the QlikView administrator account.

Let me explain :

- I've an account on the server in my name with the administrator rights, the one i use for everything.

- And an account called QlikView administrator (named QVS for us).

I also did the SSH Tunnel command line on my account but it seems to me that it is the QVS account that has the rights of QlikView services.

It is therefore necessary to open the SSH Tunnel on the account QVS.

I don't know if i was clear ?

AdnanRafiq
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, Did any one got it resolved?