Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to count Rows for Top 3 vendors in Set Analysis Expression

Top 3 Vendor.PNG

I want to count no of rows (which I think is the same as counting ID - as its counting the number of instances where Level = '1', thats a req.)

for Top 3 vendors by Group. So the Expn should bring total count for top 3 vendors. For Eg.

Toal for XYZ will be (5+3+2) [5: Vendor A has Level 1 5 times, Vendor B has level 1 3 times, and Vendor C has level 1 3 times. These are the top 3 vendors for Group XYZ].

Similarly Total for ABC should be 3.

I want a straight table with dimension, Group only. The Expn sud calculate my above Requirements.

I am not looking for CALCULATED DIMENSION SOLN.  If you can  help that wpuld be great.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

swuehl, The correct answer is:

=Sum({<Level = {1} >} Aggr( If( Rank(Count({<Level = {1}>} ID))<=3, Count({<Level = {1}>} ID)), Group,Vendor))

The only thing I changed was use SUM instead of COUNT in the front. The code you wrote on which I based this was:

=Count({<Level = {1} >} Aggr( If( Rank(Count({<Level = {1}>} ID))<=3, Count({<Level = {1}>} ID)), Group,Vendor))

Thanks again!!

D

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

* Vendor C has Level '1', 2 times

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try something like

= Count({<Level = {1}, Vendor = {"=Rank(Count({<Level = {1}>}ID)<=3"}>} ID)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl,

Thank you again!!. Your code was perfect except that it was missing one parenthesis after ID,

so when I added one more, it worked: here is the successful code :

= Count({<Level = {1}, Vendor = {"=Rank(Count({<Level = {1}>}ID))<=3"}>} ID)

because you have used two functions Rank and Count, you probably forgot to close one more parenthesis, which is no big deal at all. I appreciate your help.

Many Thanks,

D

Not applicable
Author

QlikDash, please answer your question as answered if you get the answer. It will useful to others.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dathu,

The code is not working 100%, I will mark it once It is all set.

Swuehl,

There is a small Problem with the code. In the actual app, I have about 30 Expns and 1 dimension. The Expn we are working on is 1 out of 30 in the straight table. The Expn does not show the correct value, unless I select a field value from List Box 'Group' which is the dimension on the straight table. For Example unless I select value 'XYZ' from the Group list box, its giving me a value of less than 5. But Once I select a value from the list box, it displays correct result for corresponding Group. I  do not know why.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Try below:

Count({<Level = {1}, Vendor = {"=Aggr(Rank(Count({<Level={1}>}ID)),Group) <= 3"}>} ID) }> ID)

Can you please share qvw with sample data.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Either create a composite key made out of Group and Vendor in your data model,

LOAD

Group,

Vendor,

Autonumber(Group & Vendor) as GroupVendor,

Then use

= Count({<Level = {1}, GroupVendor = {"=Aggr( Rank(Count({<Level = {1}>} ID))<=3,Group,Vendor)"}>} ID)

Or without changing your data model, use an expression like

=Count({<Level = {1} Aggr( If( Rank(Count({<Level = {1}>} ID))<=3, Count({<Level = {1}>} ID)), Group,Vendor))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl,

I am getting an error saying "Error in Set Modifier Expression" for

=Count({<Level = {1} Aggr( If( Rank(Count({<Level = {1}>} ID))<=3, Count({<Level = {1}>} ID)), Group,Vendor))

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yeah, sure, I missed the >} after the first set expression.

=Count({<Level = {1} >} Aggr( If( Rank(Count({<Level = {1}>} ID))<=3, Count({<Level = {1}>} ID)), Group,Vendor))

It's quite hard to code expressions only in the editor, without having a sample to work with