Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create a "100 % Stacked Column Excel Chart" in QV

Hello !

We have a situation here where we want to track the sales per product along the time.

That is, we wanna know if some product in particular is increasing it's sales within our budget (or decreasing).

Another situation for that kind of graph is like this : is the sales to Women (or Men) increasing or decreasing ? On this graph I dont care about HOW MUCH has been sold. I just care about proportions (100%).

I guess that if you see the example graph in Excel you'll understand. On the attached Excel file you can see clearly that Truck sales are decreasing strongly. Total Sales are decreasing as well but we're loosing too many truck sales !

So , the question is : how to do that kind of graph (or one that shows the same idea) within QV ?

The attached files should give you a very fast prototype to test the concept.

Thanks !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Thanks for the files! They made it very clear, and as you said, very easy to test. See attached for the solution.

expression = SUM(VALUE_TEST)/sum(total <MONTH_DER_TEST> VALUE_TEST)
style = stacked
show in percent
static max 1

View solution in original post

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Thanks for the files! They made it very clear, and as you said, very easy to test. See attached for the solution.

expression = SUM(VALUE_TEST)/sum(total <MONTH_DER_TEST> VALUE_TEST)
style = stacked
show in percent
static max 1

Not applicable
Author

It works !

On the prototype it's perfect !

Now I've got to take the solution to the REAL world, where of course things are way, way more complex. The real solution is a Prospective Students Profile Questionnaire. Several questions , with several answers about the student's profile.

Anyway, I've got the idea !

Great Forum this one ! Excelent product as well !

Thanks !