Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schmimla21
Contributor
Contributor

How to design a kind of hierarchy in Qlik View script

Hi there,

I have the following problem:

I load Data from an Oracle database via select-command. There are three tables, table SA, table SM and table ST.

An object from Table SA may contain objects from SM and ST, but it can also contain one or more objects of SA itself too. And these objects may again contain objects of  SM and ST themselves. So you can say that there is some kind of a hierarchy in which SA is the parent, but the parent can also contain "other parents". Here is an example:

There are four listboxes on my sheet,  two of the SA (SA1 and SA2), one of SM and one of ST . From listbox SA1 i select SA_A.

SA_A contains SM_A and ST_A and also SA_B with SM_B and ST_B. Now  listbox SA1 shows the selected SA_A, listbox SA2 shows SA_B, but listbox SM and listbox ST only shows SM_A and ST_A , but not SM_B and ST_B, which are included in SA_B .

Sorry for the complex description of my problem. I have no idea how to generally construct this dependance in my Qlik View script. I hop that anybody understands my problem and has an idea how to solve it. Thank you very much in advance!

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

There is a special hierarchy-statement within Qlik, maybe you could adapt it to your data. Here some practically examples for it:

HIERARCHY-DESCRIPTION
Hierarchies

- Marcus