Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to detach block charts but still consider their selections

Dear community,

I try to permanently detach 2 charts from the entire selection of a report. However, I also want that a selection in one of these charts leads to a selection in a table. Yes, it does sound confusing, so let me explain this a little bit.

As shown in the attached figure, two layers are presented. Each layer has several elements. This is done by a block chart. Once a user clicks on one of these elements, the selection of the table at the bottom should be changed with regard to the selected element.

As an example: A user clicks on “name 2” in “layer 1”. The table should only show those elements, which are related to this selection (here: e.g. “Element 2 from Layer 1”).

This is easily done by detaching the block charts in the general settings of each chart. Unfortunately, the selection will be dismissed every time I reload the data or reopen the report. Alternatively, I could use “alternative states”. However, I do not know how the table could recognize more than one state.

Because it works so nicely, when I detach the charts manually, I am conviended that there is a way to achieve this target

Every support is highly appreciated!

Layer-Description.gif

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

If you are using expression for 'Block Chart', add {1} in that.. It will work without detaching..

Like Sum({1}Sales)

Attached the sample.

If you still need to 'Detach Chart' , you can do it via macro when opening the application..

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH01").Detach

View solution in original post

2 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

If you are using expression for 'Block Chart', add {1} in that.. It will work without detaching..

Like Sum({1}Sales)

Attached the sample.

If you still need to 'Detach Chart' , you can do it via macro when opening the application..

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH01").Detach

Not applicable
Author

Hi Settu,

That's a great solution. Both, set analysis as well as a macro do work.

For any other readers, please consider set analysis. It's a nice approach and will make your life easier. Please have a look at this post: Learning Set Analysis from Scratch

Thanks again Settu.

Cheers