Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

How to detect QlikView Service problem using logs

Hi Everyone,

@rwunderlich @marcus_sommer @Gysbert_Wassenaar @jonathandienst @hic 

I'm working on a clustered Qlik architecture with IIS as a webserver and because of this complex architecture, sometimes on some clusters if a service is down, we don't even see an alert on the QMC..

So I'm trying to build an app, which is basically based on the QVSystemMonitor app found on the community, to try collect all kind of Qlik logs (QVS logs, QDS logs, TASK logs, DOCUMENT/SCRIPT/RELOAD logs, WEBSERVER logs...) mainly to show if there was a service problem (down, restart etc).

PS: For real time Qlik services problems alerts, I'm trying to configure the QlikView Server Super Agent present on the QlikView_PowerTools, so the app I'm trying to build is for D+1 Summary of whats going on on the Qlik services, among other server things..

The problem is that I can't find nowhere how to detect (using logs) if there is a problem with a qlik service..

On which Qlik log type can I find this information ? on which column ? is there a code ? a sentence ?

Thank you for your time

Have a great day !

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Best thing I can suggest is to use Fiddler to trace the QMS calls going out to the services, I think this may help you get the right calls, as you will see what we are doing from the QMC in that case, just be sure you run Fiddler as the service account running the QMS. 

The other gotcha is the QVS, since that always communicates using QVP, you are not going to see those calls, those are translated by QvsNetRemote.dll as far as I still know, and I am not sure how you make a call through that guy either.  The other place to check would be here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/November2018/Content/QV_HelpSites/APIsAndSDKs.htm

Probably the QMS API area, but figured the others might potentially be handy as well.  Hope this helps a little.

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion
Author

Thank you @Brett_Bleess 

I Never used fiddler before and I don't know If I can install external tools like this on this infrastructure..

Actually the easiest service was the QVS, I found a solution to get the state of the service on each server on a cluster Using the Aspx url, using the solution provided here: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Deployment/QVS-Sanity-Check/td-p/275353

for the rest of the services, the url present on the system section on each service on the QMC actually works also (solution also described on the link above), if the service is down, we get a 404 error (tried that buy shutting down a service), otherwise the page continue to load (which means that service is ok), and that's what I can't get on my Qlik app, that 404 error and that infinite loading page, even with an error mode = 0..

If I can't find any solution, I'll see with the network and system team if I can try Fiddler