Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to disable objects in a sheet?

I have to display a message. A message is displayed using “text box” and there is a “button” to agree this message. Now, I want to force user to agree this message before proceeding. How do I disable all the objects (except “agree button”) from clicking? I mean, user should not be able to click any objects (like search, list etc)  before clicking this agree button.?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

And I think you can extend this this idea to let the user see all the objects (at all times), but they won't be able to select anything until they click accept on the text box because the text box object will not let them select anything.

UPDATE: Tried to create a working sample. See if this helps

Capture.PNG

You see everything, but you won't be able to click on anything until you press 'Accept'

View solution in original post

14 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

You can hide all objects in Layout options by assigning variable to the Show Conditional part.If the variable is 0 the objects will be hidden when the button is pressed the variable will change to 1 showing all objects with this condition.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes. I did try that. Is that the only option I got? I wanted to know if there is any other method!

Thank you Robert

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just like Robert said.  This is the message that shows up when our application starts.  We have a variable called vAcknowledge.   It is set by default to 0.  You must hit accept to change it to 1 and then it shows the rest of the application.

acknowledge.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay. I was just trying to replicate pop-up type message. I mean, user must be able to see the options that are available but should not be able to click it. After clicking accept button, user must be able to click those options.

thank you

Not applicable
Author

another possible option could be to ahve a a blank object overlay the other objects, which will not go away until the user agrees with the mesage - still using the same concept of conditional show but may get you around adding the condition for all objects

there is an example of what I am referring to on QlikMarket

QlikView

select the filter by time option (top left)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay. This is a good idea too!

Thanks

sunny_talwar

And I think you can extend this this idea to let the user see all the objects (at all times), but they won't be able to select anything until they click accept on the text box because the text box object will not let them select anything.

UPDATE: Tried to create a working sample. See if this helps

Capture.PNG

You see everything, but you won't be able to click on anything until you press 'Accept'

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Another one for chart is to see the object but they will not recalculate unless the condition will be met:

Capture.PNG

Feeling Qlikngry?

How To /Missing Manual(24 articles)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you please explain me how did you use blank text box on top of list object. I tried to use "text box" over "search" object (I did make use of vVar=0 variable) but I see text box instead of search box. !

Can you please explain me the procedure. As I'm new to QlikView, it is kind a confusion for me.

Thank you for you time. ! !