Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdumas
Partner - Contributor III

How to display activity over time when data contains "activity start time" and "activity duration"

Hello,

I am working on the help desk statistics.

The "Call" file contains :
Call_ID eg : 1
Agent_ID eg : Paul
Call_start_timestamp eg : 2009-12-15 10:25:35
Call_duration eg : 120 (seconds)

I have loaded a "Timeline" table with year/month/day/hour/min/sec fields calculated from "Call_Start_timestamp"

A chart with

Dimension : A cyclic group with year/month/...

Expression : count(distinct Agent_ID)

counts the Agents that began a call during a defined period (year/month/...)

What would be the best solution to count the Agents that where "On Call" during a defined period?

Thanks
Pierre

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prieper
Master II
Master II

Can you post some sample data or some scrambled data? Guess that you should be able to solve this problem with INTERVALMATCH-function.

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Can you post some sample data or some scrambled data? Guess that you should be able to solve this problem with INTERVALMATCH-function.

Peter

pdumas
Author

Please find a sample qvw

With Intervalmatch function, I suppose I need to generate a "OnCall" table with 1 line par second for each agent "on call" and use a chart expression like "count(distinct agent_id)" to find the number of agents simultaneously on call.

This will generate sevral million lines per month and I may face performance problems.

Thanks for your help.

Pierre.

prieper
Master II
Master II

Do you really need to break this down into seconds?

pdumas
Author

Minutes should sufficient. hours are not from a user perspective.

However,if you have a solution, even partial, I will manage to improve it or negociate with users.

Thanks for your help

Pierre.

Not applicable

Hi Pierre

Did you get an answer on this one? i have the very same problem and would be glad to get an answer on it.

I want to count the numer of Check-in Counter(Schalter) that are used simutaneously over 30 Minutes...

I tried something like:

if(LoginTime <= [30 Min] and( LogoffTime >= [30 Min]), count(Distinct Schalter),0) //where [30 Min] is my interval field.

or

=count({<LoginTime *= {"<= $ [30 Min]"}, LogoffTime *= {">=$ [30 Min]"}>} Distinct Schalter)

but both solutions won't work...

Thanks for any helpful reply.

Kind regards,

Anthony