Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display column value based on parameter selection

Dear Experts ,

I want to display column value based on combination of parameter selection ,  i have a job table with 5 columns (Job date , agent name , shipper name , consignee name , no of shipments). My requirement looks very simple , just need to display  4 columns in report except job date based on parameter selection .

My Parameter values are Date filed , New shipper , New consignee , existing shipper , existing consignee .

If i select parameter Date as 1st June , New shipper and Existing Consignee , i want to display agent wise report based on date range with new shipper and existing consignee . where shipper field value should be new and does not exist before 1st jun and consignee should be an existing one  before 1 st jun .

i am using below expression , but not getting exact output , i have attached a screen shot of design , please suggest .

=if(SHIPPER = 'New' and CONSIGNEE = 'Existing' and len(if(max(JOB_DATE) >= '01-JUN-2015' and max(JOB_DATE) <= SYSDATE ,Shipper))>0  and len(if(min(JOB_DATE) < '01-JUN-2015',Shipper))=0,

and len(if(min(JOB_DATE) < '01-JUN-2015',Consignee))>0 ,SUM(aggr(NO_OF_SHIPMENT,Shipper,Consignee)))

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It would be best if you could supply a sample qvw illustrating your issue. Without the sample its mostly guessing...

1. What is SYSDATE? This is a SQL keyword, not Qlikview. You probably need Today() instead.
  2. Are your dates proper QV dates? See Why don’t my dates work?
  3. I don't understand what you are trying to do with len()?
Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

1.jpgDear Experts ,

Dear Experts ,

Kindly check my attached image and QVW file . I want to display New Shipper , New Consignee else existing shipper new consignee based on parameter selection .

In my example i have an Date range value from 1st Jan 2014 to 21st Jan 2014 , But my date selection  is from

09-JAN-2014 to 21-JAN-2014.

If i select New shipper and new consignee combination , then i want to show shipper and consignee should not exist before 09th jan .

If i select Existing Shipper and New Consignee , then shipper should not exist after 9th jan and Consignee should not exist before 9 th jan .

My requirement looks simple , as i new to qlik , i cant able to handle this is in expression or add calculated dimension,

Kindly suggest .

Not applicable
Author

Dear Experts ,

Could you pls help me on above request .