Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display day numbers in months?

Hi,

I'm trying to set a list box containing numbers of days per each month. So for example when i click on month field "December" in month list box i want to see 31 day fields so (1,2,3...31)..If i do the same with February i want to se 28 day fields

Any suggesions on how to do that?

Many thanks

T

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Create a master calendar with a field for Day (using day(DateField) function in your script).

Then using Day field list box should do what you want.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/48693

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Assuming your data contains a Date field, you can make

=Day(DateField)

If your data doesn't contain the dates, only month names, you'll need to add it to your data during load; there are several ways, linked to the Master Calendar technique.

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

thanks,

worked. By the way. Can someone also tell me how to create a multiple exclusion line in script?

For example I want to exclude product X and product Y from Category Z. My scipt below doesn't work. Any suggestions how to change it?

([ProductGroup] <> 'Product X' and 'Product Y' and 'Product Z' and,  [ProductGroup]) AS [ProductGroupLimited]

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

You can try

If(Match([ProductGroup], 'Product X', 'Product Y', 'Product Z')=0,  [ProductGroup]) AS [ProductGroupLimited]