Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to draw a matrix, with X and Y axis

hi everyone,

i'm posting 'cause i need to use an object that as far as i know, is not available in Qv but i'm not an experimented user though.

I need a matrix where i can identify areas of risk by colors (red: high risk, yellow: medium, green: none)
It's like a grid with a X axis and a Y one.

Something like:

error loading image

For a better undarstanding: i've transacctions and according to the frecuency and the total amount of them I need to draw a point in the matrix mentioned and return the risk level of the selection.
Eg: Highs amounts with lot of incidences, represents a high risk (colored with red)

Any idea of how can i represent all the above in a matrix as the one shown... ? any other idea?

Thxs in advance.

4 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You could overlay two charts. The first, for the colors, could be a pivot table with your Amount and Frequency ranges, and cells colored by an expression based on Amount and Frequency. The second would be a scatter chart with a static min and max for each axis so that it could exactly match the color chart in size. Set the second chart to 100% transparent and put it on top of the first chart.

Or I could just try an example. Here you go. It's not exactly what you have, like the color expression looks like it needs to be more complicated, but I think it's in the ballpark. I ended up with three layers, as I had to use a couple text objects to block out some of the junk from the pivot table that I didn't want to see.

Not applicable
Author

Hi John, I appreciate your response!

What u sent me it's quite close to what i need. I'll be applying to my case and would let u know any doubt.

Starting with them (doubts):

• How u do for colored the cell of the pivot table accordint to the expression? in the expression there's no formula, so, i dont know how u filled the cells.

Thxs in advance

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

The expression is blank because I don't actually want to display anything in the boxes. But click on the little + sign to the left of the blank expression name. You'll see a list of additional things you can use to control what displays. In this case, "Background Color" is in bold, indicating that I've entered an expression for the background color. Click on it, and you'll see the expression I entered, in this case:

if(X+Y<4,lightgreen()
,if(X+Y<6,yellow()
,if(X+Y<8,rgb(255,155,50)
,lightred())))

Your real background color expression would probably be more complicated, of course.

Not applicable
Author

Great!

Thxs a lot John!!