Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II

How to embed a straight table into a Combo chart

I have a combo chart and over that i have created a small straight table as per picture:

embed.png

Is there a way to embed the straight table into the chart so i can export the image and easily print it?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

By concat you could add a third parameter to order the results, like:

concat(aggr(Date & ' ' & [Early Finish or Late],Date),Chr(10), Date)

Important is that the parameter is numeric - means here it must be a real date.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think it's not directly possible. Your table doesn't look very complex and therefore you may re-create the table within one or several textboxes - I mean the free text feature from the tab presentation (bottom right). For it you will need some aggr() and some logic to align - usually counting the length of the items and using it as parameter for a repeat() or similar - the content within it - maybe something in this way:

concat(aggr(Date & ' ' & YourExpression, Date), chr(10))

- Marcus

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for coming back to me.

That isn't quite working it just shows 7 lines of 0

The Expression i used was: =concat(aggr(Date&''=[Early Finish or Late],Date),Chr(10))

I was also wanting it to be able to colour code the responses, on the original table i used this expression within the text color field to produce this:

Pick(Match(Finish,'On Time','Early','Late'),Blue(),Green(),Red())

colour.png

I tried to input that code into the Font, Base Color, Calculated field but it just said bad field for Finish.

Any ideas?

marcus_sommer

The syntax isn't right - it should be rather:

= concat(aggr(Date & ' ' & [Early Finish or Late],Date),Chr(10))

and it might be helpful to play with the logic within a dummy-textbox instead of the chart (easier access to the properties and less calculations). It might be also needed that you adds some more logic - further dimensions in which context the calculation should happens, any needed set analysis and so on and of course using the right fields/expressions.

Any coloring here won't be possible - but ou may use upper/lower() and/or further ascii-chars to highlight respectively differ more between the results.

- Marcus

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

So that has worked beautifully with one small complication. 

Its decided to put the 01/03/20 date at the top of the list so it looks like this:

extra.png

Any ideas why?

Its a shame about the lack of colouring but i'm sure we can live with it.

marcus_sommer

By concat you could add a third parameter to order the results, like:

concat(aggr(Date & ' ' & [Early Finish or Late],Date),Chr(10), Date)

Important is that the parameter is numeric - means here it must be a real date.

- Marcus

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you, this is great and has also helped me with a couple of other elements too using the same idea in the syntax.

Its a shame the colour picking on the expression doesn't work but you can't have everything.

Thank you!