Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to exclude nulls with the use of an inline listbox (show/hide)

Hi everyone.

So for example:

I have a Straight Table with column A,B,C,D,E.

Say I wish to exclude nulls in column A with the use of an inline listbox (by clicking on either "show" or "hide"),

how would I go about doing that? The same goes for excluding nulls in the other columns, so I would have a "show/hide" listbox for each column.

The user must have the option to either show or hide nulls on the straight table.

Thanks,

Stefan

5 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

hi,

PFA,

hope this helps you

Not applicable
Author

1. In the straight table add each dimension twice (By adding from 'Available Fields/Groups' and by creating a calculated dimension for the same field).

2. For one set of dimensions, Check 'Suppress When Value is Null'. And add 'Enable Conditional' condition like Show_Null='No'

3. For other set of dimensions, don't check 'Suppress When Value is Null' and add 'Enable Conditional' condition like Show_Null='Yes'

If you want to do this for each dimension based on a separate list box, then you have to change the enable condition accordingly.

Regards,

KKR

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

i have understood by this is you don't want to see null values in Column A only right. So for this go to presentation tab in staright table-> then in presentation tab selection the dimension 'A' and in the down in Null Symbol you can give (Space or N\A or '') how you want to display for only 'A' Dimension.

Please let me on this

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

I do not think that it is possible to do .

if you have 5 columns in a straight table, it is not possible to hide the null values in column 1  if there are values in the  the column 2,3,4,5.

Also, there is no condition where you could write a script to suppress/show nulls in a column in a straight table

HTH

Sasi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Aaah but ofcourse, that makes total sense. I'm going to try a variation of Kranthikumar's solution